Agriculture Assistance

Agriculture Assistance

Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) offered through the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Farm Service Agency makes payments to producers of eligible crops when there have been low yields or loss of inventory due to a natural disaster.

Santa Barbara County Agricultural Commissioner’s Office:
For updated information on Grower Assistance Workshops for those agricultural producers impacted by the Thomas Fire, visit the County Agricultural Commissioner’s Office website Thomas Fire Agricultural Assistance at .

The Agricultural Commissioner is responsible for collecting confidential loss report information for natural disasters that affect agriculture. That information is used by other local, state and federal agencies to provide services, such as recovery assistance, to the agricultural community. If you were impacted by the Thomas Fire, please complete an Agricultural Disaster Loss Survey Form found at the link above and e-mail the form to .

USDA Farm Services Agency (FSA):
USDA offers disaster assistance and low-interest loan programs to assist agricultural producers in their recovery efforts following wildfires or other qualifying natural disasters. For information on available programs and loans, go to .

USDA National Resource Conservation Services (NRCS): 
NRCS sources opportunities to help California Producers rebuild and recover from the recent wildfires. For information, go to . Information on available programs can be found at

University California Cooperative Extension (UCCE):

UCCE offers information on wildfire resources/assistance for the public and for agricultural producers. Wildfire resources for agricultural producers can be found at . Wildfire resources for the public can be found at

Contact Office of Emergency Management

4408 Cathedral Oaks Rd., Santa Barbara, CA 93110
Phone: 805-681-5526